The Concept Artist will create a diverse visual range of characters, environments, and game related assets. It is essential that they have a solid understanding of form, structure, color and lighting.
- Work with Art director to create the look of a game by helping to establish consistent mood, characters, environments, and props
- Work with the Art Director to establish and focus the game's style guide as a guide for all other artists
- Create inspiring concept art that focuses on dynamic visual elements all the while maintaining accurate scale, proportions, anatomy, and architectural standards for the game
- Work closely with the art team and design team to foster a highly communicative and coordinated team effort
- Ensure that all 3D assets created from concept art is held to the same standards and level of detail that the concept was created in.
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong understanding of anatomy, composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environmental, atchitectural, character, and graphic design.
- Some proficiency in Autodesk Maya, ZBrush, Sketch Up, or other standard 3D application
- Familiar with game development pipeline and production needs
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
- Strong communication and English skills